Installing WordPress on a GoDaddy SubDomain

Installing WordPress on a GoDaddy SubDomain is not really tricky but surely isn’t obvious when you set out to do this.

So I thought a video was in order, not only to help myeslf remember how to do this but to help you guys do the same!

It’s not intuitively obvious even to do the installation on a root domain, but I at least have covered that in “How to Install WordPress on GoDaddy”.

So what is a SubDomain?

Well if you have noticed, my site has a domain of mlmdreamsaver.com and also vicki-berry.com both of which point to this website at the same location.

But often we think of websites we may want to create that might not be something we want to buy another domain name for (you can have at least 10 or 12 subdomains per domain).

In this case, I created bestopp.mlmdreamsaver.com, which adds a new place to install a separate site / blog onto my hosting account, the subdomain being bestopp, the primary domain being mlmdreamsaver.com.

So now you can see two websites hosted with my domain, completely independent of one another!

In this video, I am going to show you the steps of not only creating your subdomain but also installing wordpress on a GoDaddy subdomain.

Installing WordPress on a GoDaddy SubDomain:

As you can see, you have to create your subdomain first, and give this time to take effect. This can take up to 48 hrs but is often only an hour or so.

But give it time!

Then, installing WordPress on a GoDaddy subdomain is another wait.

…… but is still not difficult as you can see in the video.

Giving yourself a couple of days to prevent wait time stress will help. and you’ll find that Installing wordpress on a goDaddy subdomain is easy once you do it.

I hope you got something out of this, if so please let me know and share this post so others attempting installing WordPress on a GoDaddy subdomain may do so with less confusion!

14 Responses to “Installing WordPress on a GoDaddy SubDomain”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Ariel Moore says:

Cool! Thanks for the video and the tutorial. How much was your subscription to GoDaddy?

-Ariel

• Vicki says:

Hi Ariel,

Well it really depends on the hosting package you get. If you are a serious marketer I suggest going with the premium ‘virtual private server’ or something like that. I’ve now wished I had done so and it’s going to be a gigantic pain to switch over!! :( BUT that said, their tech support is AWESOME and they will even move my blogs for me (for a fee of course :) at least, those that are already hosted on GoDaddy.

If you want to use my GoDaddy link it’s here: http://x.co/XNXZ

Have a great weekend!
      Vicki

2. Willy Reeves says:

What type of hosting plan do I need to make this work? Would you suggest GoDaddy as the best place to host a website? Thanks in advance for your response.

• Vicki says:

Hi Willy! Well, I think most people like HostGator best because of its user friendly c-panel. As you can see by the videos I’ve done on GoDaddy, it’s not the easiest to navigate (thus I have to keep making videos so i can remember myself what to do next time!)

3. Tom Coleman says:

Hi Vicki, Thanks for this. I just forwarded and masked a domain in Godaddy. Glad to know you can add a subdomain and put a capture page on it. What WP Theme did you install?

Thanks for the video.

To your success…

• Vicki says:

Hi Tom!

I use Catalyst most often, have a few blogs with it, it is SO flexible. I have Optimize Press too but use that if it’s strictly a capture page however I’m exploring a plugin that will do one within your theme, ,still have to try that one out but will keep you posted… If you want to check out Catalyst the link is on the bottom right of my blog –
      Oh, and when you drive traffic to your subdomain I do believe it helps your overall Alexa ranking for your domain too!
      Have a great weekend!

Vicki

4. waterpearls says:

Hi Vicki,
    This video explains step by step the installing process of wordpress on godaddy subdomain.I didnt have much idea about this installing process before so thanks for sharing its video with us.

5. Pete Goumas says:

Hi Vicki,
    Its an informative video on how to install wordpress on a godaddy subdomain.I share it with my friend as he is in search of this topic.Thanks.

6. Rossalie says:

Thank you for your help on how to install wordpress on GoDaddy SubDomain…I am not familiar with this before but thanks for the help here…

7. Ed says:

Vicki, this was great, perfect! Thank you so much!

8. Satyam says:

thank you Vicki.. That was very smooth. Really appreciate it.

9. Gwen says:

Hi Vicky! I have a client that wants me to do this for them, but I have never worked with Godaddy. I understand the process, but do you know if the stats that result from the sub-domain are combined with the main domain, or are they separate?

10. Islam Muslim says:

Thank’s for this great tutorial. I was having a hard time with those.

Leave A Comment...